Cirencester Camera Club is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain, through the Western Counties Photographic Federation, which provides the opportunity for members to obtain nationally recognised qualifications.
About the PAGB:
- The Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) is an organisation that co-ordinates specific activities for photographic clubs in England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland. It does this through 15 geographical regions known as Federations.
- The PAGB organises national competitive photographic events for its Federations and for clubs. It also offers other services such as Recorded Lectures to clubs and its own photographic Distinctions (known as awards for photographic merit) direct to qualifying club members.
- The PAGB has strong links with similar organisations in different countries throughout the world through its membership of FIAP (The International Federation of Photographic Art).
- Individual membership to the PAGB is not possible. Access to the facilities described above is via membership of a club that is affiliated to the PAGB through its Federation.
- The PAGB is run by an Executive committee whose members are nominated and elected from members of each Federation at the Annual General Meeting each April. This executive meets three times per year to discuss and arrange the events and matters related to the PAGB.
About the WCPF:
- The Western Counties Photographic Federation (WCPF) was formed in 1932 and is one of fifteen Federations that are affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) and ultimately to the FIAP – “Fédération International de l’Art Photographique”.
- Currently over 100 clubs are in the Federation from across Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset and South Gloucester.as far East as Weymouth, as far North as Stroud and across into Swindon in Wiltshire.
- The prime purpose of the WCPF is to encourage the art and practice of photography directly to members and clubs throughout its catchment area, supporting/liaising with other Federations and the PAGB, ensuring local views and interests feature in national debate.
- The WCPF is run by an Executive Committee of volunteers (nominated and elected by club delegates), together with co-opted members.