Images submitted for the 12 Month Challenge in May:
As announced at the 2017 AGM the 5 General Competition subjects for the 2017/18 season are as follows:
- Competition A – Patterns and Shapes (submission date 18/09/2017)
- Competition B – Movement (submission date 16/10/2017)
- Competition C – The Decisive Moment (submission date 13/11/2017)
- Competition D – Urban (submission date 08/01/2018)
- Competition E – Water in All Forms (submission date 12/02/2018)
Time to get your cameras out and start planning your entries…
- Portrait – Street, Candid portraits in the street are a challenge for many photographers. Show us life in your town through the lens of your camera.
- Landscape – A Tree, Some of the most famous landscape images in the world include a tree. Show us what you can come up with.
- Creative – Patterns, Be inspired by the rhythm that a good use of patterns can bring to an image.
- Technical – The rule of Thirds, Compose an image to reflect the perfect use of the Rule of Thirds. A landscape or still life the choice is yours.
By Fresh Air this is to be any image taken at The Fresh Air Sculpture Exhibition in Quennington.
The exhibition runs from 11th June to 2nd July 2017 in Quennington.
For full details of whats on offer and information on admission please see their website at http://www.freshairsculpture.com/
Images submitted for Aprils 12 Month Challenge.
- Portrait – Hands, Usually the face and eyes are the key component of a good portrait. For this challenge focus on the hands to create a different view.
- Landscape – Waterscape, ocean, river, lake, pond or puddle. Make water the primary focus for this landscape image.
- Creative – Nature, get up close and personal and show what Mother Nature has on offer in a new and creative way…
- Technical – Shadows, The opposite of light is dark, the absence of light is shadow. Interpret this into a master piece exposing your shot to incorporate the shadows.